Re: Scanner / Printer Combo for Alt. process [Was Re: costs of Digital isnot *easier* [Was: Too much equipment]

Larry Roohr (roohrphoto@orci.com)
Wed, 21 Apr 1999 18:33:49 -0600

Daryl,

For the printer I'd recomend waiting a few weeks (if your in the US) and
getting the Epson 1200. It will do 17 x whatever and it has half the droplet
size of it's current counterpart, the Epson EX. Then again the EX'es are
dropping in price anticipating the 1200's introduction so you could get a
bargain there.

For scanners I'd look again at Epson. They've just introduced an 800x1600
dpi flatbed that comes with the transparancy adapter thats excellent, in the
800$ range. Again, the previous model included the transparancy adapter and
can be had in the 300$ range. For scanning 4x5's you'd have plenty of
resolution, med format it would depend on what you wanted to do, for 35mm
they won't do too well.

If you want model numbers on the scanners let me know and I'll get them for
you.

good luck,

Larry