Re: tray cleaning formula

Michael McKinney (mckinnm@host1.swosu.edu)
Tue, 11 May 1999 08:16:28 -0500

At 06:23 11-05-99 -0400, you wrote:
> Does anyone happen to have a formula for making an effective tray
>cleaner? I seem to recall there was a formula in the last issue of PF
>Journal. Since I've loaned that issue out--and it seems as likely to return
>as the tools I loaned my neighbor last month--I'd be grateful for
>suggestions. Much thanks. -- Matthew Hoffman

Matthew,

Formula for Kodak TC-3

Water 1.0 liter
Potassium Permanganate 2.0 grams
Sulfuric Acid(concentrated) 4.0 ml (add acid last while stirring
constantly)

KodakTC-1 DuPont 1-TC
To remove developer oxidation stains, and some silver and die stains.
(Dichromates are heavy metals and hazardous)

DO NOT USE TC1TO CLEAN YOUR HANDS USE TC-3

Water 1.0 liter
Potassium Dichromate anhydrous 90.0 grams
Sulfuric Acid 96.0 ml (add acid last while stirring constantly)

Use a small amount of TC-1 in tray to be cleaned, rotate tray around so
TC-1 covers all surfaces to be cleaned, then pour out and wash about ten
times with water until no more cleaning solution is visible.

TTFN
Michael

C. Michael McKinney, MFA
Southwestern Oklahoma State University