Re: Pyro negs and stain

Michael Keller (keller@wvinter.net)
Wed, 19 May 1999 21:25:14 -0400

My experience is that some black and white films are more sensitive to the blue
outdoor light than indoor tungsten (IOW, different film speeds apply).
Additional experience shows that some light meters do not meter different
colors, and thusly different colored light, as equal. I did some light meter
tests where I metered through colored gels, then shot through them. The Nikon
was accurate for all but the most red color (underexposed), my Gossen Luna Pro F
was off on several colors. As usual, sticking with one film/meter/camera combo
and testing for all situations is advised. Get to know it well before branching
out.