Re: Question about FX-2

Sil Horwitz (silh@iag.net)
Sat, 22 May 1999 01:31:14 -0400

At 99/05/21 09:12 PM -0700, Steve Shapiro wrote: (much snipped)

>It's amazing to my very experienced friends, that FX 2 can be used to expand
>film density with development times up to a half hour and more without grain
>swelling like the Acufine formulas.
>
>Like Edwardo, back in the late 1800's Euguene Atget used this and left it
>standing for an hour and a half with agitation every twenty minutes.

FX-2 was not available in the late 1800's, and Atget certainly would not have
fooled around with it. Crawley's FX formulas were created in the mid 1900's and
published in the British Journal as well as the BJ Annuals.

Sil Horwitz, FPSA
Technical Editor, PSA Journal
silh@iag.net
Visit http://www.psa-photo.org/