Re: CMY separations with Photoshop/Epson Photo EX

FotoDave@aol.com
Mon, 24 May 1999 09:20:52 -0400 (EDT)

In a message dated 5/23/99 10:17:08 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
arkins@banet.net writes:

> The cyan and yellow records had very little image detail (texture, etc.) in
> them; most of the detail was carried in the magenta record. (The scene
> photographed was an outdoor portrait with grass in the background.)

It is hard to tell without seeing the actual separation negatives, but it
sounds normal to me. The cyan and yellow would give your the green, and the
magenta (the complement of green) would define the shading.

> Another question I have is which color does one print each negative of a
CMY
> set in? Is cyan printed with blue pigment, yellow in yellow, magenta in
red -
> - as opposed to an RGB set, where the red is printed in cyan, the green in
> magenta and the blue in yellow?

Yes.

Dave S