Re: Retraction Fw: Question about FX-2

Steve Shapiro (sgshiya@redshift.com)
Wed, 26 May 1999 06:03:06 -0700

Subject: Re: Retraction Fw: Question about FX-2

> In a message dated 5/25/99 7:15:20 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
> sgshiya@redshift.com writes:
>
> > What about the Pancryptol yellow? Wouldn't twice the amount slow
devlopment
> > such that push processing would have to be extended in time before any
> > apprciable reaction, and that in turn would leave it open for expanded
> > grain, no?
>
> Steve,
>
> I am not familiar with Pancryptol yellow. In fact, I asked a question
about
> it last year or two years ago, but aside from getting the general
description
> that it would enhance acutance, I wasn't able to get more technical
details
> on how/why it does that.
>

> Dave S

This is news to me, as it was my understanding Pancryptol yellow was to slow
developer to allow the high level of SOD sulfite to accellorate the
developer; and now that you interject the acutance enhancement quality it
would seem this developer is one of the most efficient ever designed.
Further reason to stay with it, which is not hard given my results.

Although, I too would like to know how Pancrptol yellow enhances acutance.

S. Shapiro