Re: Nelson's Gold Toner, further notes

Liam Lawless (lawless@vignette.freeserve.co.uk)
Thu, 27 May 1999 00:22:54 +0100

Hi Steve,

Not sure how to take your trading offer, but if you're serious, what the
hell! I'm currently experimenting with chrysotype, using a system similar
to what Nze Christian is doing, but with different gold salts and
developers, and getting different colours - usually a rich copper-red. I
can offer a 12X18 image on A2 paper - choice of a tasteful nude, or, well, a
bronze of Icarus on the grave of a young Spitfire pilot. Haven't yet
printed the nude, but Icarus works well with this process.

Need a day or two as prints seem to get given away as fast as I make them,
but say which you'd prefer and where to send it. In return - surprise me!

If not serious, don't worry, and apologies for not understanding the
American sense of humour - well, not your sitcoms, anyway.

Last night was making enlarged negs - not easy when you have a rabbit that
follows you into the darkroom and likes to jump up and sit on the baseboard
when the enlarger's on.

Best wishes,

Liam