Re: Streaking, Was Pyrocatechin, was Amount carbonate in developer

Sandy King (sanking@hubcap.clemson.edu)
Thu, 27 May 1999 11:59:15 -0400

Carl,

By putting the sheets in the developing solution one at a time. Make sure
each sheet is completely covered with the developing solution (2-4
seconds), then add the next. I developed sheet film this way for years and
never had any trouble with the sheets adhering to each other.

I do find it difficult to develop several sheets at a time in tray without
some scratches when using gloves. Before PMK I did not used gloves and
could easily shuffle the sheets without damaging them. With gloves my
sense of touch is very poor and on several occassions I damaged some sheets
while developing. This is why I shifted to the ABS plastic tubes. However,
one sheet at a time per tray is still a very good way to develop sheet
film, in my opinion.

Sandy