Re: Streaking, Was Pyrocatechin, was Amount carbonate in developer

Carl Weese (cjweese@wtco.net)
Fri, 28 May 1999 16:54:15 -0400

Sandy King wrote:

> I do find it difficult to develop several sheets at a time in tray without
> some scratches when using gloves. Before PMK I did not used gloves and
> could easily shuffle the sheets without damaging them. With gloves my
> sense of touch is very poor and on several occassions I damaged some sheets
> while developing. This is why I shifted to the ABS plastic tubes.

I'm finding the specific glove makes a huge difference. Especially with
pyro, latex surgical or health-care style gloves would seem to offer
great sensitivity but are just incredibly slippery. Impossible, no
traction at all on the film. Heavy work gloves from the hardware store
are no good either, might as well try to handle the film with a baseball
mitt. But plain ol' Playtex Living Gloves. (I get no commission) are a
perfect combination of traction and "touch". I can just barely get into
the largest size.---Carl

PS: Maybe you really can "pick up a dime" like their ads used to say.