Re: darkroom waste water

Eric Boutilier-Brown (ebb@hfx.andara.com)
Wed, 07 Jul 1999 23:03:09 -0300

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Judy Seigel
  Sent: May 28, 1999 10:47 PM
  Subject: Re: darkroom waste water

  Here in NYC where we are behind the curve on so many things (box stores,
  murders per capita, being among the less desirable), we are ahead of the
  curve on a couple of things -- one of them being that water is metered.
Am I to understand that metered water is not the norm? Here in Nova Scotia, Canada, water has certainly been metered (and taxed) as long as I can remember (25 yrs+). I'd be interested in hearing if Judy's implication is right...sorry if this is OT.

When my darkroom went in last years, our water bill doubled...scary with a partner and child in the house that I can equal the entire flow of a house (baths, dishes etc) with two to three nights a week of processing and printng...

Eric Boutilier-Brown
Halifax, NS, Canada

Fine Photographic Art
http://ebb.ns.ca/