Re: precoated pl-pd

Gary Miller (gmphotos@earthlink.net)
Fri, 28 May 1999 19:58:11 -0700

It is quite interesting that the modern staunch Pt/Pd printers would be so
anti-precoated papers when pre-coated were the only Pt papers that were used
from the beginning of Pt printing in the 1870's up until the stuff was very
scarce in the 1920's. It was in the 20's and 30's that Anderson developed
the hand coating drop counting method for Pt/Pd that we all take for granted
today. I have not used the Palladio paper because I want control in the
formulation of my sensitizer, but I would be very curious to see the results
of someone who tries the pre-coated and then handcoated side-by-side. You
would still have controls over contrast in the development phase remember.
So lest we not forget our forefathers (and foremothers) in the Pt world.

Gary Miller