Step Wedge Nomenclature

Ronny Emba (roncalder@recyclermail.com)
Thu, 03 Jun 1999 11:48:23 -0700

Hello!

I'm new to step wedges. This may sound like a simple question. When going through the various steps to make a enlarged neg and print, I usually go from neg to pos to neg to final positive. When discussing for instance the "highlights" is this always the light area whether it is a neg or positive? Or does "highlights" always refer to the highlights that would be in a final positive?

I ask this because I'm having trouble getting highlight in my litho film using my Stouffer's step wedge usually from numbers 10-21. My negs have no seperation in that range. In this case I'm refering to these steps as highlights since I'm using the wedge as a negative.

Thanks

Ronny Elba

GET YOUR OWN FREE, PRIVATE E-MAIL ACCOUNT FROM RECYCLER.COM -- FREE CLASSIFIEDS, FREE AUCTIONS, AND LOTSA R'COMMUNITY -- http://WWW.RECYCLERMAIL.COM