Re: Bloom Rating

FotoDave@aol.com
Fri, 04 Jun 1999 10:19:29 -0400 (EDT)

In a message dated 6/4/99 12:29:33 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
KINGNAPOLEONPHOTO@compuserve.com writes:

> If one wants consistency of performance with 'gum' Gloy gum will give it.

Terry, gum seems to be reasonably consistent for me, but I will try gloy when
it has become commonly available in the US. As I remember from reading from
the archive, it is still hard to find here.

> It also has the advantages that it does not' go off' and it is faster than
> gum arabic.

What does "go off" mean in this context?

> White of egg, beaten to 'peaks' and allowed to stand
> overnight, will also give a consistent performance.

Interesting. I assume the paper must be well sized? Do you use about the same
amount as gum? Does it develop like gum? Or does it need some abrasive
treatment (like sawdust or brush development)?

Thanks in advance.

Dave S