Re: PMK v Rollo Pryo Problems...I need help!

Adam Kimball (akimball@finebrand.com)
Sun, 06 Jun 1999 18:59:11 -0700

Michael,

First, how does your roller base agitate? I assume it changes direction, yes? Does
the Beseler make a full revolution before it turns? I know Unicolor's don't - and
have heard from others that the Beseler doesn't- it must be modified to give a full
revolution. Jobo recommends two full revolutions before the change.

Second, I've always wondered what the capacity of Rollo is. I know 500ml isn't
enough for 5 5x7 in PMK (9 sheets to 1000ml is what Hutchings says) - though this is
probably not the cause of such drastic problems.

I agree with Carl. I'd tray develop a few negatives in Rollo. I've used Rollo in
trays quite a bit. It isn't ideal for a variety of reasons, but I've managed to get
a few good negatives from this system.

Keep us posted, I'm very interested as well.
-Adam

[snip]