Re: Any Process that Uses Positives

Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Mon, 07 Jun 1999 14:08:55 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 7 Jun 1999, Wayde Allen wrote:

> I also seem to remember reading in Crawford's book (keepers of Light)
> about a cyanotype recipe that uses a positive. You might want to check it
> out.

That's the Pellet Process.... I've had many students try it, none, not
even the brightest, got it to work. In any event I advise against it,
because if you check the formula, you'll see it requires strong chemicals
(inc., as I recall k ferricyanide) for the developing solution, as apposed
to regular cyanotype which develops in water. Much better to simply
reverse your positive to negative -- With all the options of scanner,
laser printer, copy machine, press the reverse button, etc. available
today, that's MUCH easier.

Judy