Re: Problems printing Ziatype

Joe Portale (jportale@gci-net.com)
Mon, 07 Jun 1999 14:07:13 -0700

David,

I have experienced the same problem with Arches hot press paper with Zia.
Arches works fine with Ware pd/pt. I switched to Cranes and Fabriano, poof
the problems went away.

Also, I was able to get less mottling when I didn't use Tween in the
chemistry. I have seen the chemistry actually foam up with Tween when
applied to Arches. I suspect that the problem is with the sizing in the paper.

Joe