Motor Bases and Jobo Expert Drums

Adam Kimball (akimball@finebrand.com)
Tue, 15 Jun 1999 15:35:17 -0700

Hi all,

I'm trying to figure out how people are using their Jobo expert drums on
Beseler on Unicolor bases. I just received my used Beseler base and wasn't
surprised to find that it doesn't do a full revolution of my big 8x10 Expert
drum before it changes direction. My old Unicolor didn't either. So, whats
the deal? I've priced out a couple of options to modify the duration of the
rotation, but they will take time, some money and a soldering iron (which I
don't own and don't want to buy ;) The easier fix is to use some electronics
to time it out, but that'll cost $60.00 around town.

So, whats the deal? Are you people just not worried about the full revolution,
not using a big drum, or have you modified your motorbase? My beseler does
reversing as well as continuous rotation - right now my thought is, I'll just
have to pick the damn drum up and do some seriously analog reversing by use of
my limbs. Anyone doing that?

-Adam