Re: CMYK exposures

Jeffrey D. Mathias (jeffrey.d.mathias@worldnet.att.net)
Mon, 14 Jun 1999 10:39:55 -0400

Sam Wang wrote:
> >On Sat, 12 Jun 1999, Joao Ribeiro wrote:
> >...I know that the best answer to my question is "test", but as a starting
> >> point, when printing CMYK, will the 4 colors be printed for the same
> >> amount of time? If not, what usually do you get, using black as a base
> >> time?
> ...Basically though, there really are so many variable that you will simply
> need to find what works for you. .... To tell you my method of
> doing things means absolutely no help in your working environment, and
> becomes a waste of time....

It is true that each finds their own way. However a fundamental purpose
for this list is to share information about alt-photo processes and
methods. Your methods may work wonderfully for yourself, but this does
mean that others may not benefit from trying them or parts of them.
Please feel encouraged to share what experiences of yours have and are
working.

Even though I do not do Gum at this time, I have tried it in the past,
and I have always been interested in the multiple color printing. It
was obvious to me that Joao is almost (but not quite) as much the
beginner at Gum as myself. Those who are experienced should welcome the
opportunity to share their knowledge. Is there any reason that such
knowledge should be hoarded, kept secret, or divulged only for a price?
I think not. No one can produce work like mine or like yours, now
that's something that can sell. As to the how-tos, techniques, methods,
whys, let us be encouraged to move into this new age (and philosophy) of
the internet to freely exchange good information.

Please do not hesitate to get enough good information on this list so
that the Mr. (and Ms.) Potato Heads mash, vaporize and are never found
again. And please understand that this has not been complaining, rather
encouragement.

--
Jeffrey D. Mathias
http://home.att.net/~jeffrey.d.mathias/