POP paper questions

jamiehy (jamiehy@globaldialog.com)
Sun, 20 Jun 1999 20:51:54 -0600

I've started using the Chicago Albumen works POP paper. and was talking to
someone about toning and fixing. They said they thought it wasn't permanent
unless it was toned and fixed. Is this true? If so how much toning needs to
take place. I'm printing cirkut photos and toning in the standard gold
toner. By the way, I've been getting good contrast levels using verichrome
pan cirkut film , and developing it in rollo pyro in trays for 7.5 minutes
at 70 degrees.

Also, what handling precautions does anyone have in handling gold toner.
(Oh no- not another discussion relating to gold cloride).
I've noticed that my first toned prints tend to have a bit of color mottling.
What causes this. Anyone have any recommended reading on POP printing. I've
bought a 40" by 100 ' roll so will be busy doing pop prints for a while .
I'm hoping to do some 12' by 10" pop cirkut prints later in the summer.
thanks Jamie