Re: gold chloride

Tadeuz Jalocha (tjalocha@puc.cl)
Sun, 20 Jun 1999 23:34:45 -0300

Hello,

It may sound as a bad joke, but i'm asking for the Article you all are
talking about.
I made some Gold chloride using Aqua Regia time ago, but i don't knew
the real Gold content of my resulting brew. You have to know, that it is
impossible to obtain Gold Chloride at reasonble prizes in this country
(Chile; over 300US$ 1 gram P.A. grade, certified).

In respect to all the mails on this subject, i think that any kind of
Information is useful, if not with bad intentions posted. In my case,
all i knew when i started to make Gold Chloride was: "Aqua Regia
dissolves Gold", point. So i made some Aqua Regia and dissolved some
Gold in it without ANY precautions. I'm sure, that more information
reduces the risks in such cases. And to be honest, i will contiue making
Gold Chloride; so the only way is to do it well informed. I believe too,
that there are many others out there who have similar problems obtaining
Gold Chloride; so rather than discussing about the dangers of publishing
an article about a dangerous process, i find it's more useful to publish
how make this process as safe as possible.

Wishing a nice day to all,

                        Tadeuz Jalocha