Formulas circa 1949

Niall Connolly (101355.1367@compuserve.com)
Sun, 20 Jun 1999 18:09:00 -0400

Tucked away in my parents house I found a book titled 'Money Making
Formulas' published by Angus & Robertson. This book contains a substantial
section on photographic formulas described as "an extensive selection of
well tried recipes relating to all branches of dry and wet plate
photography".

Mindful of the recent exchanges about formulas, I would be pleased to share
the recipes listed in this book with others on the list. I am sure that
many of the recipes will be well known but there may be some that are of
interest.

As a measure of the book's substance, I was very impressed to find formulas
and charts to guide the practitioner in steel facing of copper plates. In
etching circles this is common-place but ther are only two suppliers that I
know of in London. This book not only details the method but also charts
amperage and surface area.

I am making a general list of the formulas and if anyone has any specific
interests possibly they can email me and I will send them the list.

Again, mindful of the exchanges regarding hazard, please seek qualified
oversight of any formula presented by this book.

Regards to all

Niall Connolly
London UK
101355.1367@compuserve.com