Re: Alt. Gallery in San Francisco??

William Laven (wmlaven@platinotype.com)
Mon, 28 Jun 1999 12:22:07 -0700 (PDT)

>Neither Jay nor I are in a real hurry to get to work on this building
>as there are several projects that come first. But I just wanted to
>check with list participants to see if there was interest in perhaps
>doing a gallery as a collective. Perhaps there are even experienced
>people in operating such business, and have ideas on how feasible this
>might be.

What about a "test run?" Let's say the space was spruced up a bit: cleaned
and painted. Lighting could be temporary to keep costs down.

Then a small show could be held there with participants sharing costs or
maybe the building owner would offer $ gratis. See what attendance is like
and make a plan afterwards.

                           WILLIAM LAVEN PHOTOGRAPHY

   Workshops and tutorials in Platinum/Palladium printing and Zone System.

   1931 23rd Street, San Francisco, CA, 94107
   415-647-9432 (voice) 415-647-9438 (fax)
   wmlaven@platinotype.com
   http://www.platinotype.com