Re: cyanotype question

donnay thierry (thierry.donnay@skynet.be)
Tue, 29 Jun 1999 12:24:01 +0200

The cyanotype process that they are discussing is not the traditional method that you cite, but a new method devised by Mike Ware which uses ferric ammonium *oxalate* rather than citrate. If you are not familiar with it, visit Mike's web site, as Adam suggested, at http://www.mikeware.demon.co.uk/cyano.html. It's still easy, just not as easy.

Keith,

thanks for your suggestion.
but I'am rather surprised that I see such a lot of critici about the traditional formula.
With the same negative, do you really see a visible difference between "The New Cyanotype Process" and the old one? And the conservation, is it better?

    Thierry Donnay
    http://www.photogramme.org