Re: tiny white spots in prints?

Lukas Werth (werthlvk@zedat.fu-berlin.de)
Wed, 30 Jun 1999 01:53:31 +0200

Thanks for the answers to my question.
It is BFK Rives, of course ...I got the paper mixed up with one RKB Arches.
However, I have taken a magnifier to my prints (ten times), and indeed,
some fibers seem to remain naked - and, as far as I could recognize, it is
the lower layer.
I like the Rives because of its slightly rough surface and its creamy
colour, and I like the Whatman. I would discard the papers nevertheless,
were it not for the fact that I get these spots only on some prints, so i
would like to find the reasons. I have taken to the BFK only recently, but
I have been using the Whatman since quite some time, and only two days
back, I got the first print with these white spots. I tend to think it
might be the climate ...??? When I printed, RH here in Berlin was about 70%
- rather humid.
Any more suggestions?
Lukas