Re: Printmaking without light

Wayde Allen (wallen@boulder.nist.gov)
Tue, 06 Jul 1999 09:19:00 -0600 (MDT)

On Sat, 3 Jul 1999, DShack wrote:

> The is the entire text under the catatypy category. This is very intriguing
> to me. Does anyone know anything about this?

I didn't dissect the chemistry described, but the idea isn't particularly
novel. There are several processes that make use of chemical image
transfer to form a positive. One of the most notable being the Polaroid
process. The Carbro pigment process also works by chemical hardening of
the pigmented gelatin in contact with a silver image.

- Wayde
  (wallen@boulder.nist.gov)