Re: laser vs inkjet

Jerry (meander@post4.tele.dk)
Sat, 10 Jul 1999 09:40:19 +0200

> We had this discussion, sort of, last year, but it ended kind of hanging,
> as did I. Now I want to buy a printer that can do large size digital
> negatives, & seek info.

Judy,

I believe all the answers to your questions can be found in Dan Burkholder´s
" Making Digital Negatives for Contact Printing". The short answers, use
Stochastic negatives ( Random dot), does not matter which printer you use
like cameras its personal choice. For irregular use , clean the jets out
with cleaning fluid.

> I know there are folks on the list who swear by Alps... what kind of dot
> does that do? (Or are you all in Santa Fe...?)

Nope, we are not all in Santa Fe....would love to be there! Take a look at
Strange Ross´ web site, http://axp.psl.ku.dk/~ross/. He uses Stochastic
negs, but not paper ones, to produce beautifal prints which I have actually
seen in real life.

Hope this helps,

Jerry.