Re: something else???

Fulload@aol.com
Fri, 23 Jul 1999 23:15:20 -0400 (EDT)

Judy...
Greetings to all...

Recently, I was to shoot a portfolio "a study in body form through aging."
I chose as my subject matter to shoot nudes, in B&W, of women. No faces,
only torsos without genitalia. I wanted to capture images that were
tastefully simplistic in nature, form and mood.

The easiest to shoot were of course the infant and the young woman, the
infant having no care about modesty, and the 21 year old woman confident in
her body. I had the most trouble locating a post pregnancy woman who was
comfortable enough with her body to be willing to relax in front of the
camera, stretch marks et al. The most humorous and fun was my 78 year
old... But more to the subject of releases....

The easiest was a pregnant young woman... When she learned I was looking for
a woman that was expecting willing to pose in the nude, she jumped at the
chance, and in fact sought me out... When I first met her she led both my
daughter and I to believe that she was 19 (my daughter used to help me on
many of my shoots). The evening of the shoot, my husband picked her up and
brought her to our home, where my studio is set up, and something (although I
am not sure what) she said in the car led him to believe that she was not in
fact 19, and so he put me on alert. As we chatted before I had her sign the
release, she confided that she was soon to turn 17... I panicked, but she
assured me her Mom was OK with it.

Reluctantly... I went on with the shoot... (and did get some wonderful shots
of the belly) When I took her home I insisted on talking to the Mom ...
who frankly informed me that "her daughter had been free to do whatever she
wanted since she was 14, and this was her life and her choices, she didn't
care what the girl did..." I really panicked, then and had the Mom sign the
release in front of a witness!

Releases... I always pray that in the end on some level they may save us,
too.

Hope I haven't stepped on any toes here...

I remain,
quietly reading...
ginette