easy answer

Rita Dibert (rjdibert@whanganui.ac.nz)
Tue, 27 Jul 1999 16:56:41 +1300

The camera question is often the only one peopable with, to start. When
exhibitioning I always anwer all the techy questions in bold print: ie.
Busch Pressman, Kodak lens, Polaroid 55NP enlarged to 16x20, selinium toned
geletin silver print, hand tinted. Then we can start to talk about intent,
content, message, situationally metaphors...whatever.WE have no way of
telling what level a person, or a student for that matter, is at until we
begin the conversation.It would be akin to asking id to start sopmewhere.
Rita
Rita Dibert
Principal Tutor and Head of Dept., Photography
Quay School of Fine Arts
Wanganui, New Zealand