Re: Gold Toning

Jonathan Bailey (quryhous@midcoast.com)
Sun, 01 Aug 1999 07:26:55 +0000

Lorne-

I have posted to this list a deal of information regarding my interest in
and use of various gold-based toning formulae. It will be searchable in
the archive.

There is also a reasonably complete rendition of my use of the GP-1 gold
toning process in The World Journal of Post-Factory Photography, Issue #3.

Briefly, and for the record, I am aware of (and variously use) four
gold-toning processes - including the GP-1, GP-2, G-231 and, of course, the
very useful Nelson's formula. The information you've recieved thus far is
accurate enough as far as it goes, but please be aware there is decidely
more to gold-toners than suggested from this conversation thus far....

Good luck-

Jon Bailey