Dan's book and digital negatives

Katharine Thayer (kthayer@pacifier.com)
Sun, 01 Aug 1999 09:52:41 +0000

I've read through the book and found it valuable, well-organized and
delightful to read, a fine addition to my library of useful alt-photo
resources. There are some things I would say differently, but they are
small quibbles that don't detract from the overall value of the book,
which I recommend without reservation to everyone asking me for advice
about creating digital negatives. thanks, dan!

I'm off to try the orange negative I made last night. I've been thinking
about this idea a long time, about exploiting the varying power of
different colors to block light, and have incorporated the idea when
creating cliche-verre negatives, but never when creating photographic
negatives until Dan inspired me to try it. Ta-
Katharine Thayer