Kallitype Developing Problem

From: Cor Breukel (cor@ruly46.medfac.leidenuniv.nl)
Date: Wed Dec 08 1999 - 12:04:12 /etc/localtime

I have been printing Kallitypes (using the procedure as published by peter
Marshall, can be found on the B&S Web site) with good results, but I have
Ca lot of problems to get an even development.

After exposure one should swiftly immerse the exposed paper face down in
the silvernitrate bath. Somehow I have a lot of troubles with this step,
unfortunatly most of my prints show minor or major development marks (kind
of hard to describe, but there are sharp "lines" of presumably uneven
wetting). The development in this bath is almost instant, the moment the
face of the paper touches the paper, development takes place.

It is a bit difficult to describe my technique (or lack off..;-)..), but
after expose I bent the paper a bit (curve down) and tilt the developer
bath a bit, release the paper and agitate the bath..

I would be grateful if othe printers could share their technique,

Thank you,

Cor Breukel
http://ruly70.medfac.leidenuniv.nl/~cor/cor.html