Re: Kallitype Developing Problem

From: Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Date: Wed Dec 08 1999 - 22:19:22 /etc/localtime

Cor,

I dimly remember that Peter had some (cockamamie) way of developing kalli
in silver bath, but this is not contemporary kallitype as I know it or
have seen mentioned or done it... Who knows, it could even be better, but
my thought is why fix it (so to speak) if it isn't broke.

My kallitype, which had NO NO NO coat or develop problems (in fact no
problems at all, once I got the formula, it was a piece of cake -- the
only *problem* was fading), was mixing the sensitizer (was that ferric
oxalate?) with about (from memory) 17% silver nitrate, equal parts, with a
foam brush, dry, expose, develop in Sodium acetate + tartaric acid... fix,
clear, wash....

Judy