Re: Daguerrotype development

From: Joseph Arkins (arkins@banet.net)
Date: Thu Dec 09 1999 - 16:59:41 /etc/localtime

This is just speculation, Fred, but I think that the "mirror image" aspect of
the daguerrotype is partially attributable to the light reflecting off the
mercury/silver amalgam in an amount proportional to the original exposure.
Were the image to be developed in a conventional chemical developer, you would
have a black, non-reflective deposit which mightn't have the same effect.

Joe Arkins
NY, NY