Re: Stitching Software Web Sites/my ignorance

From: FotoDave@aol.com
Date: Fri Dec 10 1999 - 01:56:56 /etc/localtime

> I have a 8 X 12 scanner and 11 X 15 prints.
>
> So I scan in the top half of the print and then the bottom half.
>
> Then I fire up quick stitch, rotate the images, and place them one on top
of

> the other.

Dean,

Don't try to align with the top and bottom since the two edges might not be
perfectly parallel. Instead, cut one side with a straight edge and align the
side. Don't rotate when you scan. Scan one half, slide down and scan the
other half.

With that, you should be able to do a perfect stitch manually. Let me know if
you need more information / instruction on doing it manually. The key is you
don't cut one half with straight line but use a feathered cut.

Dave Soemarko

=== See Soemarko's Direct Carbon (alternative) process at
=== http://hometown.aol.com/fotodave/SDC/SdcIndex.html