Re: Glass for UV exposure frames?

From: Jacques Augustowski (jacquesa@acd.ufrj.br)
Date: Fri Dec 10 1999 - 05:42:57 /etc/localtime

Wayde,
My UV lamps do not go that high (frequency) in the spectrum, and I think probably yours
also, you would really hurt yourself, being exposed to wavelengths shorter than this. What I
said is that acrylics go flat from 380 nm to 700 nm. They will transmit in a shorter
wavelength than 380 nm with a certain loss of course. Comparing the curves of normal glass
(not quartz), acrylics have a better transmission for UV.
Jacques
Harper, Charles A.: Handbook of Plastics and Elastomers, McGraw-hill