"Tutti Nudi" Re: PANDORA OR CAN OF WORMS?

From: Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Date: Sat Dec 11 1999 - 20:53:09 /etc/localtime

To all still reading:

Jonathan's message of yesterday was very apt, even affecting, if I may say
so, and I apologize for having been flip. In my defense, I was
over-reacting to the customary, "Oh, WOW ! BOOBS !! It's ART !!!" Of
course bodies are different and differently presented.

Therefore, and in light of this discussion, I note as a public service
that Christine Anderson of this very list has a charming paperback in the
pipeline, due in February (in time for CAA), titled "Tutti Nudi." The
publisher (Midmarch Arts Press) calls it "a wry look at the nude in art
from Greece to the 20th-century." I call it totally lively, accessible,
full of insights, and keen, witty personal opinion. It also has a million
black and white repros of nudes of all stripes in art (or at least almost
50) taken by Christine herself. A small book, will be less than $15, it
focuses on the Renaissance, later in epilogue.

Anyone doing or planning or interested in the nude in art or photography
(also life I daresay) will want to read Tutti Nudi. The ideas, facts, and
history, plenty of it UNorthodox, are loving, provocative & fun. (Full
disclosure demands that I admit the publisher is a friend & not-for-profit
P-F umbrella, meaning of course she is extremely smart.)

best dressed,

Judy