RE: stitching software

From: Jeffrey D. Mathias (jeffrey.d.mathias@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Sun Dec 12 1999 - 12:56:16 /etc/localtime

Doug Niven wrote:
> I have had plenty of experience stitching photos together and have tried
> the various commercial applications and have concluded it's far
> better--and easier--to do it in Photoshop.
> ... the whole process is explained very clearly on the below URL. ...
>
> http://www.leppphoto.com/TechTips/pano.html

One of the things I have frequently encountered is not mentioned. That
is
a precise alignment when scanning. It is almost certain that some
images will not get aligned perfectly, especially when hanging over the
scanner bed.

After superimposing the transparent sections, align one end then
carefully check the opposite end. If there is not perfect alignment at
both ends, it is likely due to a misalignment when scanning. This is
easy to fix by rotating one of the sections prior to pasting into the
new window. Rotations may made be made in fractions of a degree. Trial
end error will get a good match fairly quickly. (Remember to have the
history on to make it easy to go back to the original before rotating
again.)

--
Jeffrey D. Mathias
http://home.att.net/~jeffrey.d.mathias/