Re: Dissolving selenium powder in Sodium Sulfite

From: FotoDave@aol.com
Date: Wed Dec 15 1999 - 21:05:50 /etc/localtime

Hi Tan,

I never did what you are trying to do, so what I say below is just guessing.
I noticed you also posted the question on the darkroom newsgroup, and the
answer is about the same: that the selenium won't completely dissolve, so you
have to filter out.

It doesn't make sense to me that the selenium can dissolve partly but not
totally. It seems like it has reached its saturation point. If it is the
water that is needed, maybe you need to add water. If it reacts with the
sulfite, then maybe you need more sulfite (and maybe more water too).

There are so many "maybes" above, but my point is that if it dissolves at
all, there should be a point where all should dissolve, though I could be
wrong.

But if nothing works, ....

> I really hate to see all that stuff go to waste in a paper filter. Just
> costs too much!

Could you scrap the stuff from the paper filter and use it for the next mix?

Dave Soemarko

=== See Soemarko's Direct Carbon (alternative) process at
=== http://hometown.aol.com/fotodave/SDC/SdcIndex.html