RE: Luminograms/phosphorescent photo

From: erobkin@uwc.edu
Date: Thu Dec 16 1999 - 21:02:56 /etc/localtime

I'm sure that what is going on is to make the image in phosphorescent
materials, by whatever means, excite the glow by exposure to UV light, turn
off the UV source, and press the printing paper into contact with the
glowing image for the needed exposure time. A new meaning to contact
printing.

You'd need long persistance glow stuff. The materials from the inside of
flourescent tubes would be plenty bright enough but it is not persistant and
may be toxic.

There are lots of toys around with long persistance glow. The basic
materials can't be expensive but may not be available in the right form or
the right quantities. You could get some glow stars and things from any
toystore and see if they will make images. Sort of a reverse photogram.

ER