Platinum printing and humidity

From: @wlsc.wvnet.edu
Date: Wed Dec 29 1999 - 22:52:17 /etc/localtime

The "list" has certainly been quiet lately. Is everyone busy getting ready
for Y2K? ;-)

I have been attempting to do some platinum printing lately and have been
having a lot of trouble getting even coating. I could not at first understand
why I was having problems since I wasn't doing anything different from the
last session until I realized that the last session was in August. I then
glanced at my handy-dandy Radio Shack wall thermometer/hygrometer and noted
that the relative humidity was 29% as compared to over 60% last August. I'm
going to have to find my humidifier unit and get it going. Has anyone else
had this problem with platinotype?

Bob Schramm