Re: Platinum printing and humidity

From: John Richardson (jrplatinum@earthlink.net)
Date: Thu Dec 30 1999 - 14:56:26 /etc/localtime

Bob, I humidify my papers for 1 hour prior to coating. Cranes "Platinotype"
can handle up to 65% humidity. Arches Platine grains up if the humidity goes
over 60%. I then coat the paper, blow dry until it curls, and then place in a
dry mount press for 4 minutes at 150 degrees. Then it goes back in the humidity
chamber at the same % for 7 minutes.m This gives very even coating with a glass
rod. The humidity in my coating room here in Los Angeles is around 29% right
now.

Hope this helps,

John