Re: Coating for Carbon

Wayde Allen (wallen@boulder.nist.gov)
Mon, 01 Nov 1999 10:17:56 -0700 (MST)

On Mon, 1 Nov 1999, Witho Worms & Jorien van Santen wrote:

> Two questions :
>
> Carbon : Are there papers written about handmaking of carbon tissue.
> (Amount of gelatin, pigments, air-bubbles, etc). Let's say guides.

The most useful booklet that I've seen is Luis Nadeau's - Modern Carbon
Printing. See http://www.phxinternet.net/users/dbarto/lnadeau.html#A3

> Gum : At my supplier I can chooose from a gelatin with bloom 60 and 180.
> Witch one do I have to order for gumprinting. Now I am using 250 but my
> printing doesn't make sense at all.

Well ... you use gum arabic rather than gelatin for gum printing.

Are you you talking about paper sizing? What do you mean by saying your
"printing doesn't make sense at all"?

- Wayde
  (wallen@boulder.nist.gov)