Re: Gelatin sizing

Smieglitz@aol.com
Mon, 01 Nov 1999 21:44:24 -0500 (EST)

In a message dated 11/01/1999 1:31:56 PM, verzet13@xs4all.nl wrote:

<<
I was talking about gelatin sizing. I can't get beneficial results with
this gelatin bloom 250. This afternoon I made a test and without sizing it
worked even better.

Regards,

Witho

Witho,

In my experience the higher bloom gelatin sizing does not have a tendency to
stain as much as the lower bloom gelatin. However, the higher bloom/harder
size seems more prone to flaking, other things being equal. What sort of
problem are you having? Is the coating uneven, coming off in the wash, not
adhering, staining? There are a lot of variables involved. Could be the
paper, brush, humidity, water, etc. causing a problem and not the gelatin.

Joe