sizing ceramic tiles?

Amy Cutting (amos1979@home.com)
Tue, 02 Nov 1999 16:28:26 -0600

Hello all,
I'm interested in trying some liquid light or cyanotype on a mosaic of ceramic tiles. I know I've got to size the tiles with Knox gelatin (correct?) but have no clue as to how to go about this. I'm planning on starting out with the liquid light and seeing how it works out for me and then trying the cyanotype later so the liquid light is the more important of the two right now. I remember a thread a while back talking about firing the ceramics after coating, exposing and developing which changes the look of the silver in the emulsion but currently, I'm just going to try commercial tiles that might seem suitable to the process. Thank you for any replies, Amy Cutting