Re: Carbro, again

FotoDave@aol.com
Wed, 03 Nov 1999 01:04:31 -0500 (EST)

> Even so, in my own work I have found it easier
> to make good color prints with carbro than carbon, though for monochrome
> work I find carbon highly preferable.

Hi Sandy,

I haven't done either but want to try some as the weather is getting colder.
Today we have rain mixed with snow! Aren't you glad you are in Carolina?

Sometimes books give the false impression that carbro is easier than carbon,
but from what you say it seems like monochrome carbon is easier than carbro,
so is the advantage of carbro basically that you don't have to make enlarged
negatives and don't need a UV light source?

But for color you said that carbro was easier, is it because one can use
variable contrast paper and adjust the contrast there? or are there other
reasons?

TIA!

Dave S