Re: Carbro, again

Sil Horwitz (silh@earthlink.net)
Wed, 03 Nov 1999 10:53:33 -0500

At 1999/11/03 10:53 AM -0500, Sandy King wrote: (much snipped)

>In answer to your questions, 1) no, I don't have any work available for
>viewing on the web, and 2) I am not aware of any detailed information
>sources for carbon, carbro and tri-color carbro available on the web.
>There is, however, quite a bit of information available in the list archives
>about carbon, especially monochrome work.

Over the years, the PSA Journal has published many articles on alternative
photography, and I am planning to extract many of these on future pages. At
present, one archive is online - an article on Bromoil from 1964 which
includes instructions for making your own pigments and brushes (which were
difficult to obtain even then). The Journal is a rich source of material by
actual practitioners, as well as photographic artists, and we are hoping to
have much more in print very soon. The publication is available only with
PSA membership, but that cost is so small that just getting the magazine
makes it worth joining. I know this sounds self-serving, but it is all
non-commercial, an organization run by its members, and all members of this
group should look into it. The web site address is below, in my signature.
(I do welcome suggestions and criticisms, but mostly ideas for improvement!)

<<sil>>
<silh@earthlink.net>
<webmaster@psa-photo.org>
Sil Horwitz, FPSA