Chlor, Bro and Io Dides

Jack Fulton (jfulton@itsa.ucsf.edu)
Wed, 03 Nov 1999 07:41:21 -0800

As I had understood this Ag sensitivity training stuff … when the lads first
made prints in old blighty (England), the use of salt w/silver was the norm,
hence, chloride.
This was slow.
Then it was bromine, hence, Kodabromide.
Lastly iodine was incorporated and ultimately an admix, hence, iodide was the
speediest, themost sensitive.
POP would be too quick if it used the Io and Bro mides.
As I remember (from my halcyon daze) one could purchase what was called
'contact' paper. This was chloride based.
As an aside, for years I was mixed up when contact paper was introduced as
kitchen shelf paper w/a sticky back to "hold it firmly in place."
Jack