Re: 16X20 sheet film sources

Sandy King (sanking@hubcap.clemson.edu)
Mon, 15 Nov 1999 23:08:16 -0400

I bought three boxes of this film (7X17 size) and have made about 35
negatives with it. So far I and am very pleased with its quality. It has
very low BPF and develops very well in both PMK and in another staining
developer I use. The film looks and behaves exactly like FP4+, which I have
used extensively in 5X7 format.

The film is packaged carefully and comes in envelopes similar to paper
carriers. I don't particulary like the method of packaging because you
don't get the nice boxes you get when you buy HP5+ from other sources, and
these can be very useful to store negatives, etc. But the price is very
attractive.

Most of the reports I have received about this film have been very
positive. One person I know, however, who bought some of the film in 12X20
size, told me that some of the sheets had a defect (line across the long
dimension) which resulted in the loss of some valuable negatives. I
reported this to the people at Photo-Warehouse and they assured me that
they would replace any defective film and I am confident they will.
However, everything I have used so far has been perfect.

Sandy King