Re: Potassiumoxalate

Harald Leban (HLEBANPHOT@compuserve.com)
Thu, 25 Nov 1999 15:21:43 -0500

Nachricht geschrieben von INTERNET:alt-photo-process-l@skyway.usask.ca
>Harald, Could you expand on your , in worst case for Sodium Hydroxide?
Many
years back when I was using HCL as a clearing bath, had a small accident.
poured an amount of HCL clearing bath into my PotOx developer. I did a
quick
calculation and added NaOH in what I guessed to be an equal amount to the
HCL
to get, H2O and NaCl. The developer worked afterwards, and produced very
warm
images. I guessed that it was due to the extra NaCl in solution, as I had
seen
that Palladium solutions with NaCl produced warm prints, and those with
excessive NaCl even warmer. Care to comment?<

Dear EJ,

I think that sodium-compounds generally have a great influence to the image
tone thats why I would not use it to adjust the pH in the Potassiumoxalate
because it forms the Sodiumoxalate with different quality at the
development.

Harald