Re: Preparation of Ferric Oxalate Powder

Jeffrey D. Mathias (jeffrey.d.mathias@worldnet.att.net)
Mon, 04 Oct 1999 17:23:28 -0400

Judy Seigel wrote:
> Even the RS procedure (free, on the B&S website, no password) is
> safer, easier, and will produce a more pure FO. Much more pure.

Please inform me as to where on the B&S web site is the procedure to
produce ferric oxalate powder. Please help, I cannot find it. It is a
large and very informative site.

In the section " The Care of Feeding of Ferric Oxalate "

http://www.bostick-sullivan.com/Technical%20papers/ferric.htm

it is metioned that "Bostick & Sullivan is the only manufacturer in the
world today making powdered ferric oxalate." It should be noted that
Artcraft has been producing and seeling ferric oxalate powder (I noticed
it several months ago in their catalog):

http://www.nfinity.com/~mdmuir/artcraftB.html

Eric Neilson and myself are planning to test and add results of the
Artcraft powder to those of the Bostic & Sullivan and Vicente-M Vizcay
Castro powders.

--
Jeffrey D. Mathias
http://home.att.net/~jeffrey.d.mathias/